This site uses cookies to improve your experience. They are safe and secure and never contain sensitive information. For more information click here.

Nutech Electrical
get in touch

Need a Landlord electrical safety certificate

Get a free no
obligation quote

Expert electrical services at prices that won’t shock you! Please do not hesitate to get in touch for a free no obligation quote we aim to respond to all queries in 48 hours!

Why use Nu-Tech Electrical for electrical certificates?

Nutech are a friendly local electrical company that provides fully qualified electrical engineers.

All work is guaranteed and carried out to modern British Wiring Regulations (BS 7671:2018).

If you are a landlord, you should be aware of your electrical safety obligations. There are responsibilities upon every landlord with respect to electrical safety. It is important that you know, understand and abide regulations in force to protect yourself from legal action and your tenants from danger.

One of the main items that you will need is a landlord electrical safety certificate to prove the adequacy and safety of the electrical installation of the residence prior to occupancy of your tenant and routinely thereafter.

What is a Landlord Electrical Safety Certificate?

This is a report given to landlords that confirms that the electrical system serving the property all the electrical equipment on the property has been inspected and is safe for continued service. An electrical installation covers all electrical components and equipment that are supplied through your properties electrical meter with the exception of appliances such a boilers and accessories that can be plugged into a socket outlet..

Similar to other aspects of your rental property, your electrical installation is subject to wear and tear and therefore needs to be inspected regularly. A landlord electrical safety certification can be issued by a qualified and suitably experienced electrician or contractor..

Your Electrical Responsibilities as a Landlord

If you own a rental property that will be inhabited by tenants, the following is your legal responsibility:

-The electrical installation is safe upon occupancy and is routinely inspected and tested as is required.  This can be accomplished by having a periodic electrical inspection performed and obtaining a landlord electrical safety report. Visual inspection conducted annually by a Landlord or an electrician can support this process.

-Any let property requires an inspection every five years whether it be a HMO or let as a single dwelling. (if you are trying to reiterate the term ‘HMO’ then…). A HMO will usually have more complex requirements for fire detection than a non-HMO property which can usually be served by mains powered, interlinked smoke detectors.

-An electrical installation condition report may also be required on change of tenant or in the event of flood or fire.

If you need an Electrical Safety Report then Nu-Tech Electrical can help.  Why not give us a call on 02921 672 249

NICEIC Constructionline CHAS
Nutech Electrical
get in touch